Collingwood PublicUtilities

Planning a Move

Planning a move can be stressful. Fortunately, moving your Collus PowerStream account isn't. Simply choose from the forms listed below, let us know what to do with your account and email to

It is important to let us know about your move at least three (3) business days before the legal closing date or lease agreement date.  Advance notice helps ensure your move is completed correctly, and in a timely manner. 

New Accounts

If you’re opening your first Collus PowerStream account, use the Electrical Energy and/or Water Services Contract Application Form to start electric and/or water services at your new address and email to

Collus PowerStream provides electricity for Collingwood, Stayner, Creemore and Thornbury and also bills water & sewer on behalf of the town of Collingwood.  If you require water/sewer services in Stayner, Creemore or Thornbury, please contact your local municipality.

We may also require notification from your lawyer in order to complete your request. Lawyers may fax us at 705-445-8267.

*Please be advised it may take up to 8 weeks to receive your first bill, and a setup fee will be applied.


In order to set up e-billing you must wait for your first bill to arrive in the mail. Once you have this bill, you can use your new account number along with the meter number to sign up for our Customer|Connect program.


Please note we may require a $200 deposit for residential customers unless a credit letter from a previous utility company or a letter of low income from an ODSP worker can be provided.  We accept cheque, cash or debit in the office.

I'm Moving

If you already have an account with us and are moving to a new, resale or rental home in our service area, please fill out the Electrical Energy and/or Water Services Contract Application Form  and email to


Please keep in mind that when your tenant vacates the property, the account will automatically be put back into your name if we are not informed otherwise. If you have a new renter moving in, please advise them to contact our office.

Closing an Account?

If you are moving out of our distribution area and want to close your account, please fill out the Final Read Request Form and email to  

If you have any questions or require assistance completing the forms, please contact our customer service representatives at 705-445-1800 or email