- Rates and Understanding Your Bill
- Payment Options
- E-MAIL Customer Care
- Other Services
- Call Before You Dig
- Emergency Preparedness
- Clean Energy Benefit
What is a Smart Meter?
Today’s metering technology accurately measures the amount of electricity consumed over an entire billing period.
Meters are read by individuals that go from home to home and record the values. These numbers are fed into the billing
system computer which compares the value against the previous reading to establish the amount consumed.
New metering technology will actually record consumption in hourly increments and remotely send the information back to
a computer system that will then separate the hourly data into three groups of “Time-of-Use” periods. It’s not really the
meter that is actually “Smart”, but in reality it is the fact that customers will be able to make smart decisions about
when they choose to use their electricity based on pricing that is directly related to the same “Time-of-Use” periods.
A Smart Meter:
- Uses Solid State Meter Technology.
- Records a location's use of electricity every hour.
- Remotely sends the recordings to COLLUS Power.
- Provides the ability to match consumption to Time of Use Rate periods.
When will Time Of Use Prices come to Collus PowerStream Customers?
Time-of-Use electricity prices are only available to consumers with smart meters. Following an extensive review of all available technologies to ensure we selected the most cost efficient technology and one that provides our customers with the best value from our investment, Collus PowerStream has elected to deply the SENSUS Technology . As your Local
Electricity Distribution Company, Collus PowerStream will arrange for the installation of Smart Meters for all of our customers.
There is no need for any of our customers to sign forms or provide anyone with information related to your account in order to get or activate a Smart Meter.
- Collus PowerStream has selected SENSUS as the best technology for our area.
- Began installation of meters in the latter part of 2008.
- Will provide advanced notice prior to any rate changes.
- A simple meter switch over process will be used with little supply disruption.
- In full operation by January 2012.
Note the current time/price breakdown below.
New TOU Rates (effective November 1, 2014)
- On Peak: 14.0 cents per Kwh
- Mid Peak: 11.4 cents per Kwh
- Off Peak: 7.7 cents per Kwh